| 0 comments ]







Pictures came from Necole Bitchie and the Janet photo came from Sandra Rose

Well, I must say that overall the BET Awards were average. I was really expecting to be blown out of the water with all the tributes to the G.O.A.T...Michael Jackson. I'll be brief about my recap since I have some other posts I want to do today. '

For those out there, Beyonce's performance was actually a prayer coupled with the song, "In the Arms of an Angel" and was dedicated to Michael Jackson. I can't really say I loved her performance because I would have loved to see her do a MJ song. The best performance by far was Maxwell, he really takes a show over with his powerful vocals and classy performance.

I must say I'm extremely disappointed that this show did not bring it as much as I thought it would with the Michael Jackson tribute. I do give them much credit because of the time it takes to flip an entire show but I feel like if they weren't putting their all into it to make it the best....they shouldn't have announced that's what they were going to do. I would have felt much better with a bigger seperate tribute later and a small dedication during the show.

Other thoughts:

I loved Monica and she outsang Keyshia by a mile but they were both great in the end. Monica needs to get that album out soon.

Ciara, I didn't care for her performance at all. She was sitting down and still her voice had no power or connection for me. I was looking for her to do a dance routine.

Guy/Keith Sweat/BBD, I love all three and although Keith sounded like he needed some air all three were great! Much better than the ladies last year, minus EnVogue & TLC.

Keri Hilson, I felt what she was trying to do but um...no.

The most touching moment was when Janet came out. I'm a huge Janet fan also so I was almost in tears just seeing her. Godd Bless the Jackson Family and hopefully one day people can stop spewing all this negativity towards Michael & his family.

On that note, I'm out. Like I said this isn't a gossip blog so I'll try and keep it clean of all that, LOL. There are enough gossip blogs out there so.....

0 comments

Post a Comment

Who's Talkin