| 2 comments ]

Here's Drake's new video for his hit song (without an album out is amazing)"Best I Ever Had". This was directed by no other than Kanye West so I'm interested to see what he did. My commentary will be underneath. Let me know what you think also.



--The excessive T&A (tits & azz for those that don't know!) bouncing throughout the video is exactly why I don't let my son watch music videos, well unless I've seen them and gave the okay.

--The video didn't really match with the song. I think the concept was funny so I'll give Ye' some credit for that but I was hoping for more.

--Obviously, there weren't any darker skinned women of color on there which was a point brought up by someone else who watched the video. I'll touch on the video models subject later though.

Overall, I think the video could have been better. I'm so tired of seeing half naked women, of any color, plastered all over music videos. What happened to being creative? I really thought Kanye would have brought it with this one since he's usually pretty out of the box with his own. I did think that towards the end the video was funny and had me laughing a little.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

2 comments

Michael Stagg AKA Maikeru said... @ July 23, 2009 at 10:35 PM

I agree 100% with you your evaluation of this video. As a man, sure, seeing a few scantily clad ladies is amusing but there is a such a thing overkill and that's precisely what this vid was.

Creativity in music videos died in the late 80s/early 90s. Now it's about degrading women and portraying black men as uneducated, witless dealers or sports figures as though that's the totality of who and what we are.

Unfortunately, until someone decides to produce better, we are stuck with this nonsense. It's why I quit watching videos and listening to the radio a long time ago. No worthwhile content.

Mike Zen
Just My II Sense
http://www.MyIISense.com

Brownelovely said... @ July 24, 2009 at 8:30 AM

So true...I'm hoping that someone comes out in 2010 and changes the game by doing some real music and real videos

Post a Comment

Who's Talkin