| 0 comments ]



My thoughts:

I'm am a passionate fan of Maxwell so this review will definitely be heartfelt and straight to the truth. I must say that listening to a sample of the songs a few weeks ago and seeing him perform on the BET Awards, left me eagerly anticipating his album release.

This entire album is worthy of listening through its entirety and I'm told it's part of a trilogy so we've got more coming. The 10 piece band has a tremendous effect on the emotion that comes from the lyrics. I've read some reviews and disagree for the most part that this album is not as good as his debut. I still think that BLACKsummer's night holds its own in a time where soulful music is becoming irrelevant & non-existent next to souped up studio effects & voices. Maxwell is one of few that can sing live and deliver the same as on his album.

My Favorites:

"Pretty Wing's" was the first single released off the album and is such as a pretty and touching song. It speaks on letting someone go because it's the wrong time. The commanding instruments in "Help Somebody" is as expressive as the lyrics of the song to help and reach out to someone next to you. The music is riveting and connects with your mind, body, and soul all at the same time so I can't imagine what it would be to hear this one live. "Cold" starts off with the bass guitar and intro of other instruments in a melodic blend with Maxwell's crooning....yes it's a winner...enough said!

Conclude:

Overall, this CD should be Number 1 in my opinion. This is one man that is still singing music from the heart that's worth putting on replay. All the while- still giving you an album to satisfy our craving of his music since being from the scene for nearly 8 years. I'm so ecstatic to have been able to add this to my collection. I didn't realize how tired I had grown of hearing studio beats coupled with autotunes to drag out the song. This is real music and this is what we should be demanding...timeless music that every age, every person can enjoy! My goal is to see him live and trust I will one day so I will see you soon Maxwell. Enjoy

5 out of 5

0 comments

Post a Comment

Who's Talkin